[thelist] RE: Uninstall Tip

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Wed Apr 21 04:35:14 CDT 2004

On 21 Apr 2004, at 11:18, david.landy at somerfield.co.uk wrote:
> Trouble is, I don't have unwise on my PC - where does it come from?

It comes from the wise (?) installer. You can only use this technique
to uninstall apps that have been installed by that installer.

<tip type="email annoyances">

When responding to an email, especially when sending to a mailing list,
trim off any irrelevant material. The sender of the previous email, or
the mailing list, might have added boilerplate text such as information
about the list or a disclaimer. Leaving these in wastes bandwidth and
is a pain for digest readers who sometimes, to reach the next real
message, have to scroll past half a dozen emails they have already
read, all with dozens of lines of quoted boilerplate text.

</tip>

--
David Dorward
      <http://dorward.me.uk/>