[thelist] request for assistance on XP Home setup...

Mike Hopkins ironmike at inav.net
Wed Apr 21 12:30:54 CDT 2004

Do you have "Windows Policy Manager" as an option on XPHome?
Policy Manager on win98 can be used to lock down the local
system.
You might try searching the MS site for PM if you cant find
it on your
installation disks.

I don't know about white lists.... You might inadvertently
block
something the kids will need, and if that happens when you
are
not available it creates all the more incentive for poking
around.

Good luck. You need it.

Mike Hopkins
Father of a Scholar-