[thelist] [CSS] Disappearing Markup Block (IE)

Scott Schrantz scotts at rci-nv.com
Wed Apr 21 12:54:25 CDT 2004

Without seeing a site where this is happening, or any of the CSS, it's hard to say what's going on. But here's a couple of points I notice:

* Your <a> needs to be inside the <div> - not the other way around.

* Hopefully you're using </div>, not </title>.

* The correct spelling is "right". If you're using this in your CSS (float: rite;) it has to be spelled right to work.

Run everything through the validators [1], and make sure there aren't any errors in your HTML or CSS. Then, if it's still happening, we can start to look at browser bugs (like the Peekaboo bug [2]) that can make things invisible.

[1a] http://validator.w3.org/
[1b] http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
[2]   http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/peekaboo.html