[thelist] [OT] Ultra ATA nightmare

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Apr 21 21:11:10 CDT 2004

Good advice.  Thankfully, I was being paid hourly to struggle through it.
Blew more than my budget on just the HW install, unfortunately.  The problem
ended up being that the BIOS couldn't handle the big size of the drive.  I
took the drive back, bought one half the size, and it went perfectly (it
helped that I had the latest Promise Ultra100 drivers on floppy, of course).
The 15% restocking fee on the other drive is a bummer, but par for the
course, I guess.

Not the most productive way to spent a day for sure... but at least I am
reminded that I should stay out of the hardware side of things.  :-)

Notice my sig block... "Application Engineer"

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/service_areas/