[thelist] LI CSS

Simon Perry thelist at si-designs.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 09:47:57 CDT 2004

Andrew wrote:

>Hi All
>
>This is going to sound either ridiculously simple and subsquently me being
>braindead or it's not possible at all, when using the <li> the list goes
>vertically, of course we all know that.  Is it possible to have the words
>displayed next to each other as in a sentence? I am thinking that if this is
>possible css is the way to go
>
>eg
>
>not
>like
>this
>
>but like this

Your sanity is in tact, there are several ways to display list items
'inline' as you want to. A good reference for all css lists can be found
at listmatic[0], make sure you check the browser compatability chart to
ensure your chosen method is well supported cross browser.

[0] http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/