[thelist] Video Editing Software

Javed Alam jalam at cc.ysu.edu
Sat Apr 24 12:10:20 CDT 2004

http://www.videoguys.com/

Javed

J.D. Welch wrote:

>on 24 Apr Justin Zachan wrote:
>
>JZ >Hi all. Can anyone out there recommend a good website that reviews digital
>JZ >video editing software? Or alternatively recommend some software. I have a
>JZ >mini-dv and am more or less a beginner but would like to do some top quality
>JZ >stuff for both tv and web.thanks.
>
>nobody's mentioned Final Cut Pro / Express, so i will
>(http://www.apple.com/finalcut/).  i've used Final Cut Pro to edit DV
>for output to DVD and the web, and it's amazingly easy to use and
>powerful enough to edit feature films with.  'Pro' is expensive, but
>'Express' may have enough of the features you need, and is far cheaper
>than Premiere, Avid Xpress, etc., at $299.
>
>-jd

>   J.D. Welch	       |  me at showtunepink.com
>   graphic designer    |  http://www.showtunepink.com
>   web monkey          |  http://kitschparade.ath.cx

*Javed Alam, *Ph.D.

*Professor*

*Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering Department*

Youngstown State University

Youngstown, Ohio 44555

Phone 330-941-3029

Fax     330-941-3265

e-mail jalam at cc.ysu.edu <mailto:jalam at cc.ysu.edu>

web: http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~jalam/ <http://www.eng.ysu.edu/%7Ejalam/>

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be
their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives.
A popular government without popular information or the means of
acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both."
  - James Madison /(Fourth President of the United States)/
<http://opengov1.media.mit.edu/>

"Facts are stupid things..."
  - Ronald Reagan /(40th President of the United States)/
<http://opengov1.media.mit.edu/>