[thelist] Virtualhosts on Windows apache

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sun Apr 25 19:35:42 CDT 2004

PeterV wrote:

> My hosts file settings and httpd.conf settings are below. I am trying to
> get some virtual domains going, but it doesn't seem to work.

> If I open a commandline:
> Ping localhost works
> Ping taxomita.dev does not work, and it should...

Until you fix that, Apache's settings are irrelevant.

> Any ideas on where to start debugging would be very welcome! I'm still a
> beginner at this... I don't even know what that ping information really
> means...

Uh, *what* ping information? What does "does not work" mean? That
your computer turns into Jell-O? The police come to your door and
ask you to turn down the error messages? Ed Bradley's office calls
to get you on an episode of "60 Minutes" about imprecision in the
21st Century?

What exactly does ping return?

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.