FIXED Re: [thelist] javascript: closing a window opened from aprevious page

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 30 19:58:41 CDT 2004

Another thing that is kinda fun to do is to have a timer script on the
please wait popup that keeps checking the status of the opener page,
and while a condition isn't met, it can draw a progress bar of some
sort.
On Friday, April 30, 2004, at 09:56 AM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:

> Subject: RE: FIXED Re: [thelist] javascript: closing a window opened
> from aprevious page
>

>> we load Page B" kinda thing...), in which case I was gonna suggest
>> have
>> Page B open the window, and then close it in the onLoad.  I've done
>> that
>> before.
>
> Hey Tab :)
>
> Exactly, the child window is a 'please wait' message.
>
> I thought about the method you mention (and we have similar solutions
> in house for other apps), but I need the popup right away: I've got
> an intermediate page that does the processing, a suspect WAN on the
> client's side, and itchy trigger fingers. I already have pageA
> ignoring multiple clicks on the submit button, but I realized I also
> have to try and avoid them hitting Reload/Refresh and submitting
> again (without reworking the middle-tier logic, which really would be
> the BEST place for it, but we all know what happens with an app
> already stable and in production ;) )
>
> Anyhoo--
> Dex
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown