[thelist] CSS positioning question

Daniel Dulay ddulay at mac.com
Fri Apr 30 11:05:17 CDT 2004

Thanks for the reply, Jono.

Wow. That does not sound like the behavior that I see at all. I want
the ul centered in the free space to the left of the image. I am not
too concerned about the text placement because all of the text on my
real page fits within the ul's containing div's width of 15ex.

For me, in Safari [also 1.2.1 (v125.1)] the ul is centered across the
whole page (or its containing div's containing div?) and the text is
placed below the image. See
<http://homepage.mac.com/ddulay/css_question/safari_sample.png> for a
screenshot. Interestingly, my IE [Mac 5.2.3 (5815.1)] wraps the text
for the long line. See
<http://homepage.mac.com/ddulay/css_question/IE52Mac_sample.png>. This
is the case for both of the macs I have available here. I don't have a
windows machine handy at the moment.

Could you send me screenshots of what you are seeing?

Thank you,
Daniel Dulay