[thelist] Diff algorithm in JavaScript

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Mon May 3 15:07:03 CDT 2004

On Sun, 2 May 2004, K. Arulkannan wrote:
> I am in need of an algorithm for a diff of 2 strings in Java
> Script. While searching in the Google I found some Email
> correspondences of yours in the List.
>
> Can some one help me in the Java Script for Diff. I need the code
> desperately to use in one of my projects.

"diff" is a tool under unix that is very robust -- what particularly are
you trying to determine about 2 strings? length? case? common characters?

If you can share the output you're hoping for for some representative
strings, perhaps I can be of services - but your question is a wee bit
generic to allow for a thorough answer (at least for me, maybe someone
else here knows just the thing).

Regards,
	Joe
--
Joe "ArtLung" Crawford   AIM:artlung   Phone:619-516-4550
LAMP Host Evangelist, Web Designer, Web Developer, WebSanDiego.org List Guy