[thelist] CSS positioning question

Daniel Dulay ddulay at mac.com
Mon May 3 16:00:17 CDT 2004

Maximillian,

Thank you for your reply. I got a good solution for my positioning
question and learned something very basic about CSS naming (no "_"
allowed).

I am not sure that I understand your other suggestion, however. What
are the benefits to moving to XHTML 1.0 Transitional? I am migrating a
site written in HTML 4.0 Transitional, and I believe that transforming
the content into well-formed XHTML would be non-trivial. What are the
benefits?

Finally, I believe that I found a description of the problem that I
encountered at <http://www.positioniseverything.net/floatmodel.html>.
It sounds like the behavior of IE is a bug.

Thanks again,
Daniel Dulay