[thelist] Lotus Notes - Domino Designer

Kath kath at cyber-kat.com
Thu May 6 06:06:37 CDT 2004

At 10:20 PM 5/5/2004, you wrote:
>You will absolutely not get standards compliance, or even meet some basic
>accessibility needs, no matter how hard you try, using domino. You have
>very little control over it. It's a thread that comes up on the forums.

Thanks - I found the tutorials, but I will check out the forums as well.

>Good luck with it. Domino can do a lot of the same things that other
>database applications can do, but it is also limited. It has nowhere near
>the power and flexibility of something like php and mysql or asp. But it
>is relatively easy to create an application with it. Try the tutorials
>that come with the install. They are super simplistic, but they do help
>you get acquainted.

They aren't totally committed to Domino yet, but they do have an investment
in the software and their outside consultant is a Notes/Domino
developer.  I suspected from my experience with asp/sql and php/mysql that
they would be more powerful.  The tech savvy partner of the company is
leery of Microsoft systems (and even more so because we got hit with the
backdoor.trojan and sasser because the system wasn't patched regularly).

Thanks again for all the info!

Kath ...
Established 1995 --> www.cyber-kat.com
"He who would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself." -Thomas Paine(1737-1809)      philosopher and writer.
Bush must go! John Kerry for President in 2004!