[thelist] Outlook feature that can bite back

Michael Pemberton evolt at mpember.net.au
Thu May 6 10:59:09 CDT 2004

Being a user who has avoided any microsoft mail client since the
beginning of time (I still remember paying $10.00 p/Mb for my mail), I
have little experience with the internal features of Outlook.

Am I correct that there is a feature that allows you to modify the
contents of an email that you have received?  If so, is it a common
practise to use this feature?

The reason I ask is that I recently received an email from someone who
was responding to a job application that I had sent via email.  The
sender did not take the time to check the content prior to sending and
it appears that she had changed the "subject" of my original email.
What caught my eye was the contents:

Subject: gOOD CANDIDATE BUT LIVES IN [%myhometown%] SEEK IT: Application

She had obviously tried to use the email's subject as a method of
keeping notes.  As more and more people are using email as a legal
document, can anyone explain an advantage to this feature of modifying
an email *after* it has been recieved from another party?

--
Michael Pemberton
evolt at mpember.net.au