[thelist] JavaScript: lost reference to opener? (fixedwithfollow-up problem)

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Fri May 7 12:12:18 CDT 2004

Joshua Olson wrote:

> No.  Can you imagine how much of a problem it would be if this was
> allowed? Porn sites would love a loophole such as this to get printed
> material in the hands of unexpected patrons!

True, this would be an obvious security hole for JavaScript, but
on-the-box settings should be different.  In this instance, I am
designing a kiosk-type of web application, so I have complete set-up
control over Browser, Server, and Client Machine.

I'm currently pursuing this path, which looks promising (for anyone else
interested):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie55/
html/beyondprintpreview.asp

...other than that, I guess I can make a .dll that should do the job,
unless somebody's already got one...?