[thelist] google and other search engines

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at xevious.kicks-ass.net
Sun May 9 09:58:00 CDT 2004

On Sunday 2004 May 09 03:59, Justin Zachan wrote:
> Hi there. I have recently built a couple of flash only websites.

Not sure about the rest of this, but I refer to this as a Flash movie
being served up by HTTP, not a "Flash Web site".

> I have submitted them to Google and other search engines. I do know
> that flash only websites don't do so well for search engines.

Of course not, it's a Flash movie, not an HTML document or anything with
discernible text in it.

> Does anyone out there have any suggestions or methods etc to improve
> search engine stuff for flash only websites.

Offer an HTML alternative?

> Flash is a nice design tool, but customers get a little frustrated
> when they are not on Google, especially when there name is quite
> unique!!

Well, they bought a Flash movie, not a Web site, so that's what they
got.

--
Shawn K. Quinn