[thelist] google and other search engines

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Sun May 9 13:57:11 CDT 2004

> > 2) You know, not everyone likes or even *has* flash.  All you're doing is
> > excluding possible customers of your customer(s).
>
> I have to disagree a bit.
>
> It is true that not everyone likes flash - but it is also true that
> there are many, who like it very much, and keep their plug ins up to
> date.

That's groovy, but when my browser shows me "Downloading - 1% complete" for
more than two seconds, I'm out of there.  And so are an awful lot of dial-up
consumers.

> If these people are a sites target audience, it would
> be foolish not to use flash on that site.

I don't design a web site based upon whether or not I think the restaurant
I'm designing it for has or doesn't have people who like Flash in their
target audience.  I design it to appeal to people who might be attracted to
that kind of dining experience.  Of course, if I ever do a site for a
restaurant that decorates its walls with flatpanels displaying kewl
animation, I might reconsider that.

But in the meantime, the only company I can think of that should be
specifically targeting Flash aficionados is Macromedia.