[thelist] website translation

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon May 10 12:33:04 CDT 2004

Hi Mark,

It is our experience that these online translators are not exact enough. We
tried the "pay someone else to do it" approach, which got costly and again,
didn't produce the results wanted. We ended up getting our overseas
colleagues to do it for us and mentioned that it was a high priority item.
The process is slow sometimes, but accurate.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Joslyn [mailto:Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 12:13 PM
To: Evolt
Subject: [thelist] website translation

A new project has landed on my desk which entails translating our website
into multiple languages - mostly English, Spanish, German, French, Italian
and Portuguese. Our int'l distributors could do the content translation for
us, but that would take forever.

Any suggestions to starting this project? Do I need to source an external
translation service? DO I rely on freeware translations? Any experiences,
insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,

markJ