[thelist] Linking system

italPASTA italPASTA at takas.lt
Mon May 10 14:34:41 CDT 2004

Hello everybody,

I have just been surfing through www.allmusic.com (a fabulous source of
information about artists). But there was one extremelu annoying
accessibility problem. I couldn't open a link in new window or tab.
So I clicked "Feedback" link and that's what I got:

<question>I can’t open the links in a new window</question>
<answer>Due to the unique and flexible linking system we employ
on our sites, the best way to open links in a new window is by
pressing CTRL + N (APPLE + N on Macintosh) and clicking on the
desired link in the new window. Although a little unorthodox,
it’s just as easy and convenient.</answer>

And this accessibility problem they call
<strong>"the unique and flexible linking system".</strong>

So I really understand the author of "I gotta vent, sorry" (Gregory
Wostrel). It's really a pitty some webmasters don't know about designing
with web standards and W3C.

--
Regards,
 italPASTA