[thelist] Was I gotta vent, but now is a question of how to workwith non-web people who have to create web content

Derick Montague derick at heraldgreen.com
Tue May 11 07:47:41 CDT 2004

That is excellent advice! Just know, Diana, that you are not alone in that
feeling. I too experience many of the same issues and feelings.

Thanks for your feedback Rust! It gave me some insight before I started my
day off in a less than positive frame of mind and reminded me that freelance
work is an important outlet.

Diana Soini said:

> Any ideas how I can solve this problem? What happens when you
> create a
> web design project using advanced CSS or other web design techniques
> and then deliver it to somebody who doesn't understand how it works?

Randal Rust said:
But is it a problem? Does this person care how it works? Does this
person want to know /how/ it works? I suggest taking the time to talk
about the benefits of your approach, if you haven't already. Just keep
in mind that you may not get it your way. Look for some type of a
compromise that will make your life easier (like formatting with a
the whole battle at once. Look for small victories and keep chipping
away:)