[thelist] laptop purchase

Geoff Sheridan evolt at premonition.co.uk
Tue May 11 08:12:56 CDT 2004

They should get an Apple iBook.

If they are interested in audio recording they would be well advised
to check out Apple's new consumer music sequencer, GarageBand. If
they do a fair bit of consumer level music stuff they won't want to
miss this.
GarageBand is free with new macs, I'm off to get a MIDI keyboard to
play with it more today!

If DV is interesting to them they'll be very pleased with iMovie.
Also free with a new Mac.

PowerPoint is available for Mac. It is not free.

The iBook is gorgeous and really quite reliable.

Geoff