[thelist] Is flash always bad [was: google and other search engines]

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Tue May 11 12:18:48 CDT 2004

Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
> There's so much garbage sent out with Flash, that it's often a better
> idea to block all of it

Some people do that, many don't. When making a site for those who block,
don't use flash. When making a site for teenage kids wanting music and
animation and all shining things and fast, then do use flash.

Consider your needs, and choose your tools accordingly.

All tools can be used badly - there are bad sites with flash, and bad
sites without it.

But even if many use a certain tool badly, I wouldn't advice to reject
that tool completely. Instead I would advice how to use that tool well.

.k