[thelist] google and other search engines

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Tue May 11 14:39:28 CDT 2004

On 11/5/04 7:28 pm, "Chad Bishop" <chad.bishop at expnews.com> wrote:

> Ben,
>
> Thanks for making the only response to this thread that I've found
> worth reading... besides the first post.
>
> You actually addressed the original question.
>>
>> apart from building a text only version of the site, this seems to be
>> the best you can do.
>>
>> ben

I have not been following this thread religiously but has anyone mentioned
using JavaScript to generate the html around the Flash movie.

I am rebuilding a (not 100%) Flash site and have been publishing the html as
JavaScript, partly because the page won't validate otherwise. I have written
the content as plain html between the <noscript> tags as well as using the
write function within the external JavaScript.

This way the largest part of my audience get entertaining Flash animation,
those without JavaScript or Flash get all the content but in plain text.
I hope that my code is valid, that any browser can read it and that Google
and other blind users can easily access the content.

--
Chris price
Choctaw Media