[thelist] Dumb Question (Javascript) but still causing difficulties

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Tue May 11 15:10:17 CDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 12:55:30PM -0700, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> > One last detail I might mention that must be and is by design. All
> > checkboxes are named the same thing. I am going for a comma
> > delimited list when the form submits. There are about 60 of these
> > checkboxes.
>
> Then by design you have BAD design. Each checkbox should have a
> unique name. Again, just my 02.

No. Checkboxes should all have the same name. It's the value that should
be different. A set of checkboxes is the equivalent of an array of items.
If you want to access specific checkboxes you can either call them by
their position in the array, or assign them unique IDs.

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]