[thelist] laptop purchase

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue May 11 20:28:53 CDT 2004

in the removable drive bay).

Cheers
Ken

----- Original Message -----
From: <evolt at mccullough-net.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] laptop purchase

: Thats what we use now, but they seem to be pretty closed to the idea.  I
will
: try and get them to change their mind but that will be difficult.
:
: Any Windows laptop thoughts?
:
:
:
: Quoting Geoff Sheridan <evolt at premonition.co.uk>:
:
: > They should get an Apple iBook.
: >
: > If they are interested in audio recording they would be well advised
: > to check out Apple's new consumer music sequencer, GarageBand. If
: > they do a fair bit of consumer level music stuff they won't want to
: > miss this.
: > GarageBand is free with new macs, I'm off to get a MIDI keyboard to
: > play with it more today!
: >
: > If DV is interesting to them they'll be very pleased with iMovie.
: > Also free with a new Mac.
: >
: > PowerPoint is available for Mac. It is not free.
: >
: > The iBook is gorgeous and really quite reliable.
: >
: > Geoff
: >
: >