[thelist] laptop purchase

董 飞 nfan2008 at yahoo.com.cn
Tue May 11 17:14:50 CDT 2004

Geoff Sheridan <evolt at premonition.co.uk> wrote:They should get an Apple iBook.

If they are interested in audio recording they would be well advised
to check out Apple's new consumer music sequencer, GarageBand. If
they do a fair bit of consumer level music stuff they won't want to
miss this.
GarageBand is free with new macs, I'm off to get a MIDI keyboard to
play with it more today!

If DV is interesting to them they'll be very pleased with iMovie.
Also free with a new Mac.

PowerPoint is available for Mac. It is not free.

The iBook is gorgeous and really quite reliable.

Geoff

At 8:54 am -0400 11/5/04, Dan McCullough wrote:
>Here is what they need it for. Audio recording and burning, power point
>presentations and a few other small things. They would also like to
>possibly burn Digital Video.

Premonition Design Ltd
http://www.premonition.co.uk/
East London, UK

--
* * Please support the community that supports you. * *
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Workers of the Web, evolt !