[thelist] Dumb Question (Javascript) but still causingdifficulties

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Wed May 12 15:23:48 CDT 2004

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Never in an event handler (the "on"s). Yes in other attributes
> though. For example:
> but really you should use:
> <a onclick="doSomething(); return false" href="">clicky button</a>

    I don't think you read my post carefully enough, as your answer has no
bearing on what I wrote. There is one case in which a script-language
protocol (e.g., javascript:) is appropriate, even within an event handler,
and that is where more than one client-side scripting language is used
within a page, and even then only under certain circumstances. For instance:

 <head>
  <title>Two Script Languages on a Single Page</title>
  <script type="text/vbscript">
   Dim strTest
   strTest = "Hello, VBScript"
   MsgBox(strTest)