[thelist] [ASP] Redirection Question

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 13:52:34 CDT 2004

Hi,

Our archtecture on one of our web sites is set up in such a way that
IIS handles style sheets and images, but Web Logic handles all the
actual content (supposedly some security issue, nobody has every
sufficiently explained this to me). At any rate, we want to make sure
that if someone hacks a URL to the directory level they get a page
instead of a 404.

Right now the directories to NOT have default pages like
"default.jsp" or whatever. So the solution was to put a default.asp
page in the mimicked directory structure on IIS to send them over to
the correct page on Web Logic. So they handed me this:

<%
Response.Status="301 Moved Permanently"
Response.AddHeader "Location", "/tg/special/special.jsp"
%>

So if they type in /tg/special/ they should get redirected to
special.jsp. I've set the folder properties > documents to have
default.asp as the first (and only choice) for that directory.

The problem is I still only get the 404 - it doesn't redirect. Not
much of an ASP guy so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

There is no missing link, just a fist shaken toward God.