[thelist] programming question

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu May 13 20:56:48 CDT 2004

I'm afraid to ask this, but I need to write some kind of script to read
a Word doc (I'll require people to save it as text) and transform the
text to xml. But a web server will not be involved. This will need to
be done on a Windows network drive. What do I write the script in? It
should be easy for people to use. Not a command line program, if
possible. My biggest ignorance is that I don't know much about Windows.
I usually do UNIX and Mac, and on these I'm just a hack. Can I use
perl? Should I make a java applet? Or maybe I should just find a web
server at the company I could use and do it that way? Probably easier
for me.

Diane

***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown