[thelist] [ot?] installing modem drivers on Linux (RH9)

Paul Bennett paul at clicksave.co.nz
Thu May 13 21:02:47 CDT 2004

Hi there, I am having problems installing modem drivers under Redhat 9.
I copy the files to /usr/src/ and then attempt to 'make config' in
terminal as per the instructions.
 I get the error:
'You do nt have 'gcc' installed. Please install a normal set of Linux
development tools and try again.'

FYI I installed Redhat 9 with every possible option imaginable ticked.
What else do I need to install?

I am a typical Linux n00b, with only enough rope to hang myself with at
the moment.

Thanks,
Paul
<tip type="Global Internet Usage estimates">
Need to convince a client / potential client of just how big the
internet has become? Maybe this will help.
http://www.glreach.com/globstats/index.php3
</tip>