[thelist] PS7 fading / merge effect

michael ensor edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Fri May 14 09:54:10 CDT 2004

It very much depends on the effect that you want, but remember that when you
are using the fade effect that your image size is (original image+ filtered
image) and the 'additions' that whichever blend mode you are using
creates.......

I tend to use the gradient tool instead where practicable if I can achieve
what I want by layering that with an image, after editing the original image
to remove superfluous elements....

however some careful editing of the original image and resampling, if for
the web, with filters such as Lanczos3 will also reduce your file size
dramatically, and then apply your fading filter....