[thelist] Cold Fusion

Adrian Gonzales adrian at clearspanmedia.com
Sat May 15 04:06:18 CDT 2004

Shawn,

Thank you for your snide reply, constructive criticism is always
appreciated.

>>Where's the version of Cold Fusion for, say, OpenBSD running on a
>>SPARC-based computer? What, there isn't one?

Actually, CFMX can now run on top of J2EE, so yes, there is one.

>>If CF goes end-of-life for good
>>(unlikely today, but entirely possible in the future if Macromedia
>>considers it in their best interests to do so) and your site still
uses
>>it, you're also stuck,

Granted that would be a problem with further development, but I fail to
see how it would affect currently running applications/servers. Their
going under would not take every installation of CF with it.

>>(BTW, it's GNU/Linux, Linux is just the kernel, GNU is the rest of the

>>OS.)

Forgive me, I wont make the mistake again.

I am not speaking out against open source software. I believe that it is
a healthy and necessary outlook/process/theory. I personally use Redhat,
MySQL, Perl, PHPMyAdmin, DIA, Blender, Open Office, Horde and even PHP.
I understand that other languages have their strengths, and everyone is
free to choose the one that fits them best, I am merely speaking up for
CF and its advantages. Please feel free to list ways that you believe
PHP, Perl, Python, or whatever you prefer, work for you.

Adrian Gonzales Jr.
Creative Director
Clear Span Media
713.310.7990