[thelist] PDF problems

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Mon May 17 12:28:23 CDT 2004

-------------------------------
...Lines that are the borders of a table cell, or even
text.  This happens with both Word and Excel conversions.
I am on Windows 98 using Word and Excel 2000 which I think is the culprit...
-------------------------------

FWIW, I've had some luck using the Save As HTML functions in Word/Excel
2000, and then use Acrobat's Open Web Page function (I have Acrobat 5).
Distiller has always been a little wonky for me.  Even better, use the
*Free* OpenOffice 1.1 Export-to-PDF function.  OpenOffice will open your MS
Office files.  It's free, it works great, and it's fast. (600 MB or so
download though!)
http://www.openoffice.org

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce