[thelist] Need Recommendation for Shared Hosting with Server Spam Filtering

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Tue May 18 09:00:00 CDT 2004

hi Bob,

Bob Haroche <spambait at onpointsolutions.com> wrote:
> I [hte] spam. ...don't want to deal with desktop solutions
> [or] server side solutions that [...] don't have easy web interfaces
>
> So I'm looking for a good web host that offers this kind of service.
> Unix/apache would be preferred...

checkout pair Networks - excellent service, i've hosted myself and
recommended them for years.  they run FreeBSD, qmail, UW-IMAP (iirc) and
spamassassin.  they're testing clam-av right now and will be adding
virus-filtering to the spam-filtering When It's Ready.

you can "preview" their account control panel web interface here
http://pair.com/acc_tour/
and read about the optional spam filtering features at
http://pair.com/support/knowledge_base/e-mail/junk_e-mail_filtering_overview.html

i'm a (fairly small) pair reseller, so i'm not all that unbiased, i must
admin :-)  that said, if you decide to sign up your thousand clients based
on my recomendation, you can thank me by using my affilliate referral link:
http://promote.pair.com/direct.pl?from=08024&to=pair.com/signup/

i think that'll net me a thousand dimes or something :-)

-dave