[thelist] Oracle -> MySQL replication?

Carl Edwards edwards at vitesse.com
Wed May 19 19:28:02 CDT 2004

Hello,

We have a CRM tool with an Oracle backend inside our firewall
that has some data I would like to use on our public web site.

While researching the various ways I can do the synchronization
I keep thinking this has to be a common problem, do some of
you have suggestions, past experience that could help me out?

I'm thinking I will have to code something in a language that
both MySQL and Oracle have API's available (Perl, C++) that
could be called from cron or inserted in Oracle as a stored
procedure triggered on change and would update my web DB.

Thanks for any insight,
-Carl Edwards