[thelist] Automatically enter HTTP Authentication details

Mark M mark at safefrombees.com
Wed May 19 20:41:08 CDT 2004

Hey all -

I'm building an app, in which my preview part actually points to a 3rd party website.

However to gain entry to the 3rd party website the user has to enter their username
and password into their HTTP Authentication dialog box.

Now - the application I have written KNOWS the correct username and password - is
there some way I can seamlessly log them into the 3rd party website with the details
I have without them noticing?

It's a Java app, if that means anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark
mark at safefrombees.com
ICQ: 3094740