[thelist] embedded layers into a 1 cell table ?

Joan Olivé M. jolive at tinet.org
Thu May 20 03:18:33 CDT 2004

Good morning from Catalonia,

I'l heartly thank if anybody could show some light over my problem:

1) Initially I created a web designed for 800x600px screen with the following structure:

a) Master layer, with absolute position declaring ajustments/position to left and top - this layer calls with CSS a 760x425px backgroud image
b) Layer 1, with absolute position declaring ajustments/position to left and top
c) Layr 2, with absolute position declaring ajustments/position to left and top
d) Layer 3, with absolute position declaring ajustments/position to left and top
etc

Ok. It worked, in 800x 600 px but when testing in a big one, the result is very poor.

2) I've sttled a ONE CELL CENTERD TABLE, but whem trying to embed the 5 inner layers into the cell i didn't work.

The test is available in:

http://www.docsl.com/prova-doc-maig-05/prova-centrat.htm

<The table is centered, but the layers still keep in absolute position left/top.>

Please: Could you give me:

Exact syntax for embedding a "master layer" into the 1 cell table in order to embed the other cells to this master one ????

Should this solutions have troubles in other browsers than IE5 - 6  ???

Many thanks in advance from Catalonia
(Small country between France and Spain)
Joan Olivé Mallafrè