[thelist] Javascript Code broke?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 10:41:52 CDT 2004

--- Rob Smith <rob.smith at THERMON.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> For the life of me I cannot figure out why this broke. (see arrow)
>
> function validate() {
>   if (AddProject.ProjectName.value == "") {
>     alert("You must enter a Project Name.");
>     return false;
>   }
>   else
>   {
>     document.AddProject.submit();  <------------------
>     return true;
>   }
> }

Because you are not defining your variables. The script doesn't know
what AddProject or ProjectName are - they are undefined. (If you use
FireFox/Mozilla javascript console, you would see that)

var AddProject = document.forms['AddProject'];

and whatever the other thing is, define that.

HTH

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!