[thelist] preventing multiple web connections to a db app

Johnson, Christopher (MTO) Christopher.Johnson at mto.gov.on.ca
Fri May 21 13:09:00 CDT 2004

Can you not just use a flag in the session variables/object that you are
using for each user? Once they make a db connection, you switch the flag to
true. If they try to make a second connection while the flag is set to true,
then they are forced to login again. Once they close the active DB
connection, the flag is reset to false and they are, once again, able to
establish a new connection.

This flag could be stored in a session variable or within the database.

Chris