[thelist] update/correction to FW: preventing multiple web connections to a db app

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri May 21 16:06:02 CDT 2004

Joel D Canfield wrote:

> The problem is when the *browser* session ID is copied, not the database
> session ID. Essentially, we're looking for a conditional way to disable
> the 'File | New' option.

Honestly, I don't believe you can do that, so if your app *depends*
on that behavior, you're probably SOL :-)  However...

Assuming the reference to "Java" means a J2EE container (Websphere,
Tomcat, whatever) your developer could "fix" the problem by writing
a Filter that would insert a sequence number into each response; if
a request was received with a sequence number that didn't match the
one expected for that sessionID, use a RequestDispatcher to forward
that request to the login page.

FWIW!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.