[thelist] Client contact - design presentation

Derick Montague derick at heraldgreen.com
Mon May 24 08:02:18 CDT 2004

Hi Tim,

>> What's the best way to go about getting past this design stage??

I am not sure about how to get your client to review the material before the
meeting. That's tough. My experience has been similar to yours and it is
frustrating.

>> How do you go about presenting designs to your clients? And what's the
next step? And how do I get them to "officially" approve a design?

In the mail to them, I might let them know that the expectation of the
meeting is to finalize the design. I would take the three mock-ups printed
with sign-off fields and request the sign-off at the end of the meeting.

However, I don't think that there is any way to "make" that happen. They are
the "boss", but I would definitely log the scope creep created and add slack
time when creating the project plan to compensate for such issues.

Hope some of that is helpful.

derick