[thelist] ISO HTML

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 at msstate.edu
Mon May 24 06:12:38 CDT 2004

I'm attempting to validate my site <http://ballsome.com> as ISO 15445:2000
(ISO-HTML <http://www.cs.tcd.ie/15445/15445.HTML>), but I seem to have run up
against a wall: <div> and <h*> cannot be nested within one another, as is
allowed in the W3C specs.

This seems to be indicating a different document paradigm entirely, but I don't
know how it can be applied to my site, a <div>-laden CSSified tableless layout.

I had originally gravitated to ISO-HTML because of its status as the only
internationally-approved HTML standard, but I'm wondering if this is even a
valid point anymore. Is it worth it? Does anyone know if ISO is continuing this
HTML standardization trend, or are they leaving it to the W3C? I browsed the
various working groups and didn't find any answers.

If I decided that ISO-HTML wasn't worth pursuing, I'd probably switch to XHTML
1.1 instead. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance, this list is the best.

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster  [Ballsome.com]

E-mail     [jjk3 at msstate.edu]