[thelist] Cold Fusion

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue May 25 13:00:55 CDT 2004

>why do you want to learn CF?  it's crap.

I have an addiction to learning programming/coding/scripting languages in an
attempt to become more versatile and flexible to any situation or problem.
I've self taught about 22 languages thus far. Cold Fusion is just another
one my list. SOAP, J2EE, and C# are among the others. I know and taught
myself: HTML, ASP, XHTML, JavaScript, VBScript, SQL, PHP, MySQL, CSS, CGI
(not really a language but looks good on a resume), C/C++, Visual Basic,
DHTML, Perl 5.0, OpenGL, Java 1.1, UML, Action Script, XML, XSLT, XSD, and
XLS.

I've done stuff like: Content Management Systems, Global Project Tracking
Systems, Inventory Management Systems, Global Intranets, Global Extranets,
Search Engine Technologies/Rankings, Indexing/Hashing, Interactive Flash
Technology, Shopping Carts (PHP), and Dynamic Database Driven Web Site CD's
:-), which I just found out are legal the way I'm doing it from three (3)
different people at M$. ...All this at 25 years old. My Masters should be
completed next June.

The list continues to grow,

Rob