[thelist] What screen size are my visitors using

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed May 26 04:49:57 CDT 2004

Hi

You'd have thought this was an oft-asked question, but I've trawled
through a few pages of Evolt archive (and some Google) and can't find
quite what I'm after.

I have a site which I'm upgrading and wonder what the most popular screen
resolution (eg. 800 x 600) of users is.

Ideally, I'd like to log visitors to the existing website so I can go back
through and count em up.

I can do PHP and some JavaScript and I'd rather do that than use StatIt or
myhotstats I think, unless anyone knows something really quick and easy
that doesn't give me loads of stuff I don't want. I don't mind paying a
little if it works.

I can see that JavaScript can get at that data and pass it to PHP through
HTTP GET, but that seems to require people to click a form, and there are
no forms on the site.

Thoughts anyone?