[thelist] Explorer like tree?

Marcus Andersson marcus at bristav.se
Wed May 26 16:19:54 CDT 2004

Tony Crockford wrote:

> At 21:41 on Wednesday, 26 May 2004, Marcus Andersson wrote:
>
>> Have anyone implemented or seen a win explorer like tree (with "legs"
>> (don't know what else to call it) and icons) with ul,li and css
>> borders  only?
>>
>> Suggestions on how to do it is welcome as well even if you haven't
>> seen  or implemented one.
>>
>> I've implemented one with tables and images but I really don't like
>> it  since 1) it uses tables and 2) there is a lot of images to download.
>>
>> /Marcus
>

> like this?
>
> http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/xtree/

The look is dead on (well, almost since I use different icons) and it doesn't use tables (which is good) but
it uses images in the exact same way that I already do to draw the indents (the dotted lines). And that is
what I want to get away from (more than get away from tables actually) since every dotted line is constructed
from several small images that each is about 9x9px. The image count will be huge if you draw a big tree (and I
do sometimes draw huge trees) so the icons alone will be enough.

/Marcus