[thelist] CC Processing for Theater?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu May 27 09:30:08 CDT 2004

John.Brooking at sappi.com wrote:

>    All this discussion about David's "Store in a Week" request made me think
> of one of my own sites, which is small community theater non-profit.[1] We
> put on shows, and also offer classes in the arts.
>
>    The nature of this processing will be a little different from stores,
> however.

No it won't. Credit card processing is entirely separate from your
*inventory management system* which, presumably, you already have.
How is inventory managed by people calling the box office? How are
class reservations currently managed?

You'll need to integrate -- or create :-) -- those backend systems
with a shopping cart and a CC-payment-gateway (like authorize.net).
And yes, you'll need an SSL cert, and a merchant account with your
bank.

HTH!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.