[thelist] Excel parsing in PHP

sbeam sbeam at syxyz.net
Thu May 27 11:06:38 CDT 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 11:15 am, Michael Pemberton wrote:
> Is there any reason why you can't save the file as a .csv formatted
> file?

the project demands that about 50 xls files are uploaded each day, so we
are just trying to streamline the process. I guess a bat file could do
it, but some cells contain formulas and we need to get these, I don't
think you can get those into the CSV.

Ideally we'd like to set up some macros in Excel to sync via ODBC with
the mysql server but the client is stuck in their ways...

--

# S Beam - Web App Dev Servs
# http://www.onsetcorps.net/