[thelist] cropping images or photography

divaone lparis1 at nc.rr.com
Fri May 28 06:56:28 CDT 2004

Response: Hi Andrew. For your backgrounds browse to istockphoto.com forums.
There are numerous threads about background settings, specifically white
no-noise backgrounds. Not a direct answer to your query but hth anyway. For
cropping, try the equivalent to PhotoImpact functions: use the various
cropping tools and choose the option to pick connected areas. This will
avoid choosing the white in the subject you want to keep in the image. Fine
tune by 'manually' cropping with the lasso tool.

divaone-

Here is one for the photoshops wizzrds or photgraphy experts :)  Having
spent some time trying to get the white background 'white' correct so
that the subject is sitting on an exactly white background I am not
having too much success, is it possible to easily place the image onto a
white background without distorting the white in the subject image
(which is eactly what is happening) or can anyone point me in the
diretion of a really god way to setup the perfect light surrounds for
digital photography?

Andrew