[thelist] [JS] trying to do a bookmarklet and failing

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 09:17:44 CDT 2004

--- liorean <liorean at f2o.org> wrote:

> The parentesis that is missing should be placed after the "...40;".
> Arguments only takes single expressions, not multiple statements.
> Alternatively you could more the void() part to only enclose the
> last expression in the line, or change the semicolon into a comma.

Thanks David, the comma worked :). I don't quite understand why you
can put a comma there, but hey it works. Intuitively, you'd think you
would use a semi-colon to break up the statements. If I put a comma
in a normal script it blows. I guess it sees it as two arguments
instead?

A lot of them I saw simply used the href="javascript: statements...;
;" and I tried that too - which didn't work.

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.crossandthrone.com/ - Eternal Life