[thelist] Re: MIME decoder

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Fri May 28 19:05:00 CDT 2004

Fwiw I have a procmail script and bash script (which uses metamail) which I
wrote which extracts all attachments and puts them in a (password
protected) web accessible folder.  The script then puts the URL to the
attachment at the bottom of the message.

This has the advantage of a) blocking all viruses at the server level, and
b) making it much faster to download the attachments that I want since they
are extacted from email which makes them much smaller than MIME.  I plan to
add gzipping to text formats once I get a chance to work on it some.

Anyway, if you'd like to see it (caveat emptor of course) feel free to
email me offlist.  I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for.

TjL