[thelist] funky virus-like problem

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sat May 29 01:53:07 CDT 2004

Hi,

If this started happening after you removed P2P.Spybot, or since P2P.Spybot
was installed, then possibly the installation, or the removal has corrupted
or removed files required by the Session Manager service. Whenever a
user-mode process required by Windows fails, and as a result Windows can no
longer guarantee the integrity of the system STOP 0xC000021A occurs.

This is an explanation of STOP 0xC0000021A:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_45uv.asp?frame=true

Here is a troubleshooting guide:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156669

One commonly mentioned 3rd party product that may cause this problem is
Roxio GoBack. Obviously other, not so legitimate, products (like spyware,
viruses etc) can also cause problems. You may be best restoring the server
using a System State backup (if you have one).

Cheers
Ken

From: "Erik Mattheis" <gozz at gozz.com>
Subject: [thelist] funky virus-like problem

: W2K server, latest service packs and updates. I'm not sure how long it
: had it, but it had It did have P2P.SpyBot, that has been cleaned.
:
: It still crashes every time a Terminal Services session is initiated -
: not after I try to log in, but . The blue screen message is:
:
: Stop C000021a {fatal syatem error}
: The session manager system process terminated unexpectedly with a
: status of 0x00005
:
: It will not write a full dump.
:
: Panda and Trend Micro online scans turn up nothing.
:
: The NIC Driver has been reinstalled.
:
: Anybody have any ideas?